(Washington, D.C.) — An Israeli military invasion of the Gaza Strip seems increasingly likely, and imminent.
- Hamas formally rejected the Egyptian cease-fire proposal.
- Netanyahu and Egyptian President Sisi have been secretly speaking and coordinating, but so far Hamas is defiantly fighting on.
- Abbas is also actively engaged in the behind-the-scenes discussions, offering to put Palestinian Authority security forces on the Gaza-Egyptian border to prevent weapons smuggling if a cease-fire is established.
- Israeli generals are coming to the reluctant conclusion that air strikes alone may not be enough to restore calm.
- The IDF is warning 100,000 Gazans to evacuate their homes immediately, presumably because more devastating air strikes — and ground operations — will commence shortly.
- The IDF is calling up 8,000 more reservists to add to…
View original post 684 more words